Letter from the CEO
Dear friends of American Security Systems
Visit us at the upcoming Cooperator Show 4/17 at the Hilton booth #130, and the ABO Show at the Javits Center booth #937 and learn about Video Doorman® Safe Lobby.
We’re off to a good start for 2012, with sales up over 20%, most of it coming from new security systems initiatives.
· Video Doorman and Safe Lobby Systems. We’ve just completed our 65th system, with another 15 under contract. Property owners, managers and condo boards recognize the value of these systems, both in terms of safety and convenience. We were recognized by the Mann Report as the “only” remote doorman service to consider, because of our security features.
· New York City Fire Codes. We are actively involved in New York City fire codes, and are very proud that American has become the first company approved by FDNY for the service and maintenance of NYC fire alarm systems. Our Director of Life Safety, Jeff Siegel, was just elected President of the New York Fire Alarm Association. This association was founded several years ago to bring FDNY and fire alarm professionals together to serve the public.
· “Parts and Smarts”. An area of our business that is growing by leaps and founds. We contract with an electrical contractor to help design, specify, and supply low voltage security and fire alarm systems for construction sites. The electrician does the install, we terminate, program, train and warranty the systems for the end user. Much of this growth is attributable to our addition of “Shia” Tauber, who recently joined American Security Systems as a Senior Sales Engineer. He comes with 25 years experience in the business, and no one knows fire system designs and code more than he does.
· New York City Housing Authority. American has been installing and servicing systems for this client for over 15 years. In addition to supporting intercom and telephone entry systems throughout the boroughs, we have been assigned service and monitoring contracts for community and day care fire systems.
· IP Camera Systems. The CCTV business is rapidly evolving from analog systems to IP/megapixel. As a result, we’ve become authorized dealers for Avigilon, Panasonic, and Geovision IP systems, recently completing installations for Amtrak, NY Yacht Club, Air Sea Packing, and We Recycle.
With best regards,
Larry Dolin, CEO American Security Systems, Inc.